Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Today`s Demo in My Figure Painting Class at Ringling"

My students in my figure painting class at Ringling College of Art and Design requested that I do a landscape demo today. I was not able to complete it, but this 16x20 oil on linen might be worth another hour or so.....to see if it can be saved. The class was a fun one for me, with a lot of relaxed chatter about this and that and things that have nothing to do with painting........and also good questions about painting and illustration etc. I believe these days are as important as the daily regiment of painting......not that what I have to say is so profound, but a lot is revealed by the questions that students ask. I will post the finished painting when I finish it.

3 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post. I do the same sort of demos at SVA with conversation that coverers the world and then some. My favorite kind of class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way your painting looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peter! I like talking through demos, if for no other reason than, it keeps students from going to sleep on you. Talking sometimes slows me down and keeps me from getting as close to finish as I might like.

    ReplyDelete