Wednesday, August 5, 2015

"The Humble Farmer's Cow", Step by step demo!

 
Step 1

 
Step 2





Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6


Step 7- Finished painting
"The Humble Farmer's Cow", 16x20 oil on linen panel

This painting is a result of a visit to a unique farm in Maine near Port Clyde called "The Humble Farmer".  A few of us stopped by for what was for me, basically a photo shoot.  I got some pretty good reference of these white face cattle and decided to do one immediately while it was fresh in my memory!  I hope you enjoy the seven stage demonstration.  Until the next post, thanks for listening to my ramblings!
 
Hodges Soileau   OPA

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, Hodges! Wish I had been there when you were. Had great time at Nanatuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane....I guess we were there the two weeks before you. Maybe next year. It is a fun place in the summer and Mary does a great job of organizing it!

      Delete