Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Recent end of the year oil studies 9x12 and under....for possible paintings in 2012"

9x6 oil on linen panel


10x8 oil on linen panel


9x12 oil on linen panel



8x12 oil on linen panel



6x9 oil on linen panel




"American Bison" 6x9 oil on linen panel


"At Creekside" 6x9 oil on linen


Just thought I would post a few things at the end of the year. I did not want anyone to think I was slacking on the job here! These are little, very quick sketches done in oil on little linen panels. I don't always do preliminary studies before starting a larger piece. If the idea is firmly resolved in my mind's eye, I will go ahead and start. There is no best way, or only one way to do this. Sometimes it is just fun to do the small ones, and if they are reasonably successful, they can be sold or given to friends, family etc. Most of these do not even have titles yet. Some may not make it to the larger format. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment