Friday, February 17, 2012

"A Sideward Glance" 16x12 head study

I posted this painting despite the fact that it is a wiped out painting. I was not totally happy with some of the shapes, and as a result of missing the subtle sizes, I did not get the likeness that is usually the result of accurate shapes. I tried fixing and reworking and got frustrated......so I wiped it out. I did take this shot when I thought I was finished. After studying it again, I just might have been a little premature in my decision. I`m sharing this mainly for the young artist out there who want to be as good as they are going to be....right now! I do not think that it works that way. One never masters this thing called painting. It is an ongoing struggle. I heard a line in a song the other day that I shared with my students recently that I particularly like. "I am not as good as I intend to be, but I'm a lot better than I used to be." Can't remember the song or the singer.....Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment