Friday, March 2, 2012

"A Proud Man"

I found this old painting in storage recently. It was not the first oil I painted after switching from watercolor, and other mixed media that I was using at the time for illustration assignments, but it was early....like 1983 or 84 ish. I did my first painting in oil in 83'. This is not a great painting, but I think looking at it again after all this time, there are some aspects of it that I still like. I can't remember the exact assignment...it could have been a study for a element in a montage of images. I did a series of famous American Indian chiefs for an outfit in Cheyenne, Wyoming back in the eighties. It could have been part of that. To much water under the bridge....to many back to back assignments during those years that all ran together.

Anyway, thought it might be interesting to look back at some of the old stuff every now and then. Some of it will never see the light of day. I kind of like this one....something about the skeptical, or proud expression on the man`s face.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment