Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Fresh off the Easel" new coastal marine paintings-Demos.

Step 1-"Untitled" 16x20 oil on linen
Step-2
Step-3
Step-4
This is the finished painting for now. I will let it sit for a while and hopefully, I will not have to many adjustments to make before calling it done!
Step-1 "Untitled #2" 12x24 oil on stretched linen.
Step-2
Step-3
The completed painting. This again will be put aside for now. I painted these three paintings since returning from the "Forgotten Coast Plein Air Event" in Apalachicola, Fl. I love painting outdoors, but it is always nice to return to the studio and bring some of the valuable lessons learned from painting on location. I try to approach studio paintings in the same manner as my plein air paintings. I try to pretend that I am actually outdoors with the same limitations.....obviously they are not the same, but it helps me in some way to keep some of that immediacy that occurs outdoors. I try not to have two different approaches to studio and on site painting.
"Exploring the low tide" 6x9 oil on linen panel-study

No comments:

Post a Comment