Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Visit to Charleston,PAP-SE returns to Charleston"!

This is opening night Friday, June 1st. The Horton Hayes Gallery was my host along with many other PAP-SE members. The gallery is a fantastic space with great lighting and loaded with great paintings. The event was hosted by four Charleston galleries; Horton Hayes Fine Art, 30 State st., Galerie on Broad, 29 broad st., Hagan Fine Art, 27&1/2 State st., Smith Killian Fine Art, 9 Queen st. The Combined galleries show will be exhibited through June 22nd. If you are in the Charleston, SC area, check them out....it is a treat!
Most of the participating artists arrived Tuesday and painted all week. I could not get there until Thursday evening, so I painted this one little building next to the Horton Hayes Gallery. Wish I could have spent more time there on this trip. We left Saturday, so it was a short visit....maybe next time we can make a bit longer. It was short but sweet. Thanks to all of the galleries, and people who organized this event. I`m happy to be part of, and participate in this event....hopefully they will consider doing it again next year. I hope all galleries have many sales....Good luck!
After the Moving Van finally left the front of my scene, I was able to finish this little 9x12. Unfortunately that happens on streets and waterways. Things will come and plant themselves in front of you....sometimes they never leave and it ends up as a wipe out. I would have rather not having to wait thirty minutes, but that is way of Plein air.....you just have to deal with it. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment