Thursday, April 29, 2010

"The Red Bucket" in progress.

This is an earlier stage of "The Red Bucket". At this point, I had not decided whether or not to include the figure. Obviously, the painting would have a different title and feeling without the figure. I like that human element in landscapes. It is often difficult to paint this type of painting on location, so when moving figures are involved, I usually save them for studio paintings.

This is a studio painting that I am doing very quickly over a period of time, due to interruptions and distractions of semesters end, and preparing for upcoming activities, etc. I hope in the next few days to be able to find a couple hours to finish......not that there is any particular rush.


"Detail of the figure".

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Great choice adding the figure - really makes it work well!

    ReplyDelete