Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Florida`s Forgotten Coast" Invitational Plein Air Event

"The Old Apalach Marina" 11x14 oil on linen
These are just a few of the paintings I painted during the ten day event.
I will post more photos later.


Painting the "Old Apalach Marina"


Here, I am inside the old marina that is no longer in use, and the walkways around the old boat slips are a bit unsteady.....but I felt safe enough to paint for a couple of hours, hence the title of the painting, "No Trespassing".


"No Trespassing" 12x9 oil on linen

Painting the Old Laundry in Apalachicola

"The Old Laundry" 12x16 oil on linen

"Scipio Creek Workboats" 16x12 oil on linen


This is me painting an old boat on Scipio Creek

Great morning on Scipio Creek


"The Forgotten Coast" event was a lot of fun. I met many new talented artists, and new friends. We had a wealth of beautiful coastal scenes, and interesting small town locations to paint from. This was my first time participating, and it was a totally enjoyable experience. The local population is very supportive of the arts, and this event, and are extremely friendly. Port St. Joe, Apalachicola, Carrabelle, Eastpoint, and Mexico Beach are definately destinations for great plein air subjects.










No comments:

Post a Comment