Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Florida`s Forgotten Coast - A Studio Painting"

"The Working Lady" 16x20 oil on linen

I tried painting this rusty old bucket a couple of times when I was up in the Apalachicola area for the "Forgotten Coast" Plein air event, and for one reason or another, I never was able to even get started. One day, the wind was so strong and gusty, that it kept changing the direction of the boat that was tethered only on one end. The second time I tried to paint this great old workboat, some guy in a little canoe, attached a line to it and proceeded to move it just as I began my painting. I guess this was destined to be a studio effort. I wish I could have painted a field sketch to assist me with the studio painting, but my photo reference was adequate and recent enough to rely on some memory of what I saw that day in Eastpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment