Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Student Art Day - Florida`s Forgotten Coast Plein Air event"

The Florida`s Forgotten Coast Event included a Student Art Day. On Wednesday May 12th, all of the artist participating in the event were assigned an art student to assist with their painting. The students were given a gift package with paints, canvas panels and brushes. It was a fun day, that included painting, then lunch with students and artists and community at the Gulf county Welcome center in Port St. Joe. This is my assigned student Sara, and I, as she begins her 8x10 field study.

Here Sara is well into her painting, and it is looking good. I let her use one of the two easels that I brought on the trip. In my little sketch on the right, I demonstrated a possible solution on how to start her painting. I thought she turned in one of the strongest pieces in the student show. There were some fine efforts by many young art students.

Looking on as Sara puts the final touches on her oil painting.

"Downtown Books" 16x12 oil on linen
This is a great looking little bookstore in downtown Apalach. My painting does not do it justice. I would like another shot at painting this in an afternoon light.

"Summer Camp" 12x16 oil on linen
This painting was painted in Carrabelle one really hot afternoon.

"Port St. Joe Bay" 12x13 oil on linen
This was another two and a half hour effort.


"A peaceful place" 9x12 oil on linen

This is another one of the small paintings I painted at a area called two-mile, near Apalachicola.
"Resting Place" 9x12 oil on linen







No comments:

Post a Comment