Saturday, May 28, 2011

"The 2011 Forgotten Coast Paintout Event"-These are some shots of the painting locations, and paintings being painted.

This is the beginning of "Sunday Afternoon", a little 9x12 study at Scipio Creek in Apalachicola Florida.



This is the finished painting still on the easel. This was a fun little painting to do. It was a shady comfortable spot to spend an afternoon painting while Marilyn read the latest best seller.


The location here is Carrabelle, Florida. I started this 12x16 early and as one can see the shadows on the boat changed in the photo below.






This photo does not reveal the difficulty I was experiencing with bugs that morning. These little flys were giving me big problems. Thankfully a breeze came through and problem solved.



Happy to be done with this one. Things could have been worst.



This is the beginning of an early sunrise painting in east point.




A Glorious fleeting sky to paint!




This is near the finish.




Simmons Bayou on the way to Cape San Blas. A 9x12 Study.




"Resting but Ready" 6x9 painted at East Point Fl.



First day, one of my three demo days. This one at River Front in Apalachicola.



























3 comments:

  1. Hodges, thank you for posting these photos of your plein air journey. I enjoyed viewing the progress of your painting, as well as your easel setup.

    I especially like the paint handling you used on the "Sunday Afternoon" 12x9" painting. Thin and thick paint used together is so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian and Diane for the comments. I appreciate it. Brian, the setup I`m using here is the Soltek easel, which I`m fixing to replace with something else....not sure what yet. The soltek is easy to set up in difficult places, and I like that about it, but I never really liked the palette mixing area.

    ReplyDelete