Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Estuary Shores" and "East Point Relic" paintings from the 2011 Forgotten Coast Plein Air PaintOut

This shoreline behind the Estuary seemed untouched by humans. The driftwood undisturbed as if it had just been washed up by a tide. This was a really pleasant three hours. The weather was just about perfect.


The painting is moving along, and I`m resisting the temptation to lengthen shadows!



Here, I am putting the finishing strokes on "Estuary shores" 12x16 oil on linen panel. I was reasonably happy with this effort, and ultimately presented it to my host. Thanks to all the generous host who put the artists up and make this invitational event a destination event to look forward to.


Boats are everywhere in this area. A great place to paint if you like this subject. This one is about as beat up as they come. I think it has been at the waters edge for at least a decade!

I still find something beautiful about these old weathered things.


"East Point Relic" 12x16 oil on linen, near completion.










No comments:

Post a Comment