Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Morning Marsh", and "The Red Pillows"


"Morning Marsh" 12x24 oil on linen was purchased in the silent auction last Sunday in Naples Florida.  The auction was to benefit the David Lawrence Center.  Third on Canvas each year has artists painting on third in Naples.  Crowds come to watch the artist produce work on the street that ends up in the Sunday auction each year.  Last year it was to benefit the Children's Hospital.  This year, I was scheduled to paint both days, and unfortunately came down with some kind of stomach thing.  I apologize to anyone who came expecting to see me.  It was unavoidable.  I was asked to put a painting in the auction regardless of my absence.  I agreed to, and happily the painting was purchased  for the Gallery price....that is always a good thing.

   
"The Red Pillows" 9x12 oil on linen panel was awarded a second place in show at the National Faces and Figures show at the Visual Arts Center in Punta Gorda, Florida.  I was very surprised and honored, considering the show was bursting at the seams with beautiful works.  Allan R. Banks, the juror did a wonderful job with selection and the look of this show.  I is a strong show worth attending if one is in the area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment