Wednesday, December 3, 2014

“Horseman/Cowboy”, A Youngster’s fantasy.



     I guess many youngsters from my generation and background dreamed of being a horseman or cowboy of some sort.  I am certainly one that has always ….since I can remember, had a love of horses, riding and all that goes with it.  I had several different horses as a youngster, and always seemed to have a riding horse until I got to be of automobile driving age…..not that I was ever a big fan of cars….and, I’m still not.  It really had more to do with dating girls….I guess.  It is a bit difficult to go on traditional dates on horseback!


     As an artist, I believe one gravitates to subjects that have some kind of connection.  I paint a varied subject, and horses are one that I continually revisit.  As a young man I always thought it would be great to have a place where a couple of horses could be kept.  Careers and life gets in the way of some of these dreams…..not that I’m complaining.  At times, with unbelievable busy schedules/deadlines, it might have been difficult to care for horses properly!  Anyway, here are a few recent paintings/studies of the noble beast….one of my favorite subjects to paint. 


     Maybe I’ll post a few of my horseback stories at some later date!  Again, thanks for listening to my Cajun ramblings!   

No comments:

Post a Comment