Monday, November 5, 2012

"Portrait Society of America Miami Weekend Academy"

Set up and waiting for the Friday Demo audience to arrive at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens.
 
This is the beginning of the two hour demo.
 
Quickly trying to paint and talk through the process.
 
The model, Laura, and I.  I wish I could have had more time.  Two hours, when one is answering questions and explaining the process goes by very quickly.  Too much talking I guess.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the demo, which makes it worthwhile.  I believe we had seventy five or eighty folks signed up for the lecture and Demo.  I met some really nice people who are very enthusiastic about art.....particularly portrait painting.
 
Two hour demo of Laura
 
This is the beautiful spot at Vizcaya Gardens where we set up for the second day, Saturday, one workshop.  David Chang, Kerry Vosler and myself rotated amongst the three groups....each having there own model.  One male model and two female models including the model who helped with the Friday demo.
 
Kerry Vosler offering her expertise to some of the workshop participants.
 
David Chang making an adjustment to one of the students portraits.
 
Here, I am assisting a very nice lady with placement and softness of the lips.....to best of my recollection.

The entire group from the Saturday workshop. 
The Faculty of three.  Left to right, me, Kerry, and David.
 
I would like to thank the Portrait Society of America for inviting me to be part of this weekend Academy in Miami.  It was a bunch of fun seeing Kerry again and meeting David and the staff of the portrait society, Tyler and Brent.  They did a bang up job organizing everything....all we had to do was show up.  A thanks to all the nice folks who signed up for the demo and workshop.  A big thanks to the Miami Arts & Entertainment Council and the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment