Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last Paintings of 2012, "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

 
"Life by the Sea", 20x16 oil on linen
 
 
"The Pink Sash", 18x20 oil on linen
 
As 2012 comes to a close, I found myself scrambling to finish a couple of paintings that I started a short while ago, and for one reason or another had to put them aside.  I was determined to complete these during the Holiday break.  I haven't spent a whole lot of time on either painting.  They were both done quickly over a period of time.  I have had time to ponder possible changes and adjustments......but, I am reasonably happy with finish on the two narrative paintings above.
 
 
 "Contemplation", 18x24, oil on linen
 

"Contemplation" was painted one day about a week ago.  I haven't gone back and tweaked it yet.  A couple of small adjustments, and I will be finished with this one.
 
Vizcaya Series Sketch, 12x16 oil on linen
 
This is my last effort for this year, and is technically a sketch for another large painting.  This is another painting from the Miami Vizcaya series.  I have a few more ideas related to this trip.
 
Until next year, Happy New Year everyone.......and we'll do more of this in 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment